The hall of Christ Church were used until the winter of 1914 when alternative accommodation was sourced four doors down the road at Brooklyn. A substantial late Victorian house built on the Camden Park Estate in Lubbock Road in 1876. At the time of the war it was owned by John Acton Garle, a gentleman associated with the London Stock Exchange. The family grave in St Nicholas churchyard is fairly grand.
The house accommodated the Belgian wounded from Christchurch to relieve the church hall. It was only in occupation over the winter of 1914/15. Garle sold his interest in Brooklyn to William Windham and it was no longer used as a hospital.
The site today
The house is no longer standing, having been replaced by a block of flats, Ross Court.