Bromley Palace, Bromley was the home of Mr Coles Child, it used as a VAD Hospital between October 1914 and December 1918. It had 8 beds nursed by Mrs Coles Child and her daughters.
It was run by Kent/52 VAD.
It was used as a girls’ school 1930-1982, but it was purchased by Bromley Council in 1982 as a part of the Civic Centre. Today, it is the Old Palace which is used for weddings and civic ceremonies.