The Kent 50 (Bromley Common, Keston and Hayes) Voluntary Aid Detachment was formed in 1912.
There were three hospitals under the care of the Kent 50 VAD;
- Broomfield Road, Bromley Common
- ‘The Rookery’, Bromley Common (owned by Mr and Mrs A. C. Norman)
- ‘Lodore’, on Mason’s Hill (owned by Mr and Mrs Hannah)
Oakley VAD Hospital
As well as having beds for 50 patients, Oakley also had an operating theatre.
Kent 50 VAD’s commandant was Miss Madge Boosey and members of the detachment included the Lubbock sisters.